So I LOVE this song, the words that it says.
If you would just take a moment and not only listen but read them.
Allow them to sink in.
Allow God to speak to you through it.
I don't know if you're like me.
If you struggle with past mistakes, if you worry that you will make more.
If you wonder how a God as great and wonderful as ours can forgive us.
But I know that he does forgive us.
That he does love us.
That he is here with us.
Whispering these same words to us.
We are more...
Not because of our own strength but because of who us is.
I went to the New Guy's church this Saturday...no I'm not leaving mine. After all I'm the junior high youth pastor there, and I love my kids to much to change churches right now.
But another friends goes to his church as well and I had told her I was going to visit before everything had gone down with him. Plus he did finally call last week and apologized to me for his lack of communication and all that. I'm not sure that I really think things will work with us but I'm willing to give him another shot and see if this can at least amount to a nice friendship.
But I'm getting of track with what I wanted to say...
The pastor at the church had us speak some declarations, when we were there Saturday.
This is what they were:
• I set the course of my life with my declarations
• God is with me, therefore I declare I cannot be defeated, discouraged, depressed or disappointed
• I am the head and not the tail. I have insight. I have wisdom. I have ideas and divine strategies. I have authority.
• As I speak Gods promises, they come to pass. They stop all attacks, assaults, oppression and fear from my life.
• I have the wisdom of God today. I will think the right thoughts, say the right words and make the right decisions in every situation I face.
• I expect to have powerful divine appointments today to heal the sick, raise the dead, to prophesy life, to lead people to Christ, to bring deliverance, to release signs and wonders and to bless every place I go.
• I expect the best day of my life spiritually, emotionally, relationally and financially in Jesus name. Amen!
I thought they were pretty good, and most of them were very fitting with some of the things I've personally been going through.
This is the pastor's blog if you want to check it out.
My hope is that between declarations like these, and songs like the one above I'll be reminded to get out of this funk I'm in.
Because I know God doesn't want me there. Not matter what's going on (or not going on) in my life.