Thursday, December 2, 2010

Faith Barista Jam!--"Your Hopes For Christmas".

It's time for the Faith Barista Jam again.
Hop on over to Bonnie's site if you want more details on what this is all about.
http://www.faithbarista.com/

Otherwise today's Jam topic is:

Your Hopes for Christmas

I'm writing this ahead of time so I don't know what Bonnie is going to say but here are some of my thoughts and feelings on my hopes for Christmas 2010.

I think my biggest hope for this Holiday season is that my focus will be what the season should really be all about.
Not the hustle and bustle that always seems to come this time of year but that the focus will be on

HOPE

I think that's what the season- the birth of Christ - really is about (in a nut shell because don't get me wrong there's the salvation aspect and all that.)

But the birth of Christ to me signifies the Hope that we can have for our lives, our future, our eternity. 

And my wish for this season is that it won't be just a season.  But that will be an ushering of a change in each one of us. 
That the "good will" we feel toward men this season will be something we adapt and allow to transform us not only for the month of December but one that will continue in us into the New Year, that will continue in us as we continue to walk this earth. 

I think if we can focus on these things, then the hustle & bustle, the buying should fade more into the back ground.  So we can really focus on the way we should be living or celebrating the season.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I like this "That the "good will" we feel toward men this season will be something we adapt and allow to transform us not only for the month of December but one that will continue in us into the New Year, that will continue in us as we continue to walk this earth." I agree. I try to serve the homeless each month and December is the month I'm taking off because everyone wants to help in December! It's the rest of the year that help is really needed. Thanks for this post!

Blessings,
Heidi

Bonnie Gray said...

isn't it interesting, Leanna, that we were thinking along the same lines?

"But that will be an ushering of a change in each one of us."

That this time will prepare us for what's up ahead. That this is a beginning and not the end of a year?

Love being able to unwrap Jesus together, and loved hearing about the hope you're carrying into it.

Unknown said...

I'm all for no hustle and bustle and an ushering of change. Yeah!