Wednesday, April 14, 2010

God Loves You just the way you are...

"God Loves You Just the Way you Are" ...
Ever heard that said?
Ever said that to someone?
Do you think it's true?
Do you think it's false?
I'm not sure if I think it's true or if I think it's false.
So for the true side of the coin I've got this:
"God demonstrates His own love toward us that while we were still sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8
"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for us"
1John 4:10
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:36
Ok, so ORIGINALLY I thought I'd find something for the FALSE section on this.
And I'm pretty sure that there is a scripture that talks about SIN separating us from God. But I currently can't find it. :o( But if I do I'll post it.
However I do want to say that I'm not sure that I really feel the need to.
After all if Christ would DIE for us while we were STILL SINNERS, I think He loves us just the way we are.
NO I am NOT SAYING that He likes it when we sin...I think it hurts Him when we do.
But I think even in our sin now, even when we know better, still HE LOVES US.

No comments: