Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year = changes

Ok I'm not one of those people who does New Year's Resolutions

I don't think I've had any since high school. I don't guess I believe in them.
I know for me, if I'm going to do something I'm going to do it or I won't.
That's just usually how I work.
If you're one of the resolution people out there I commend you.
And if you're able to meet your goals I think that's fablous.

There are things that I do want for 2012or maybe better said that I plan on doing.
One of which is my first half marathon.
I plan to sign up this week, but even though I haven't paid my entry fee it is in fact facebook official.
I posted that I was going to do it so now I feel like I can't chicken out.  Even if I want to.
Which will hopefully help me keep from doing so.
I'm slightly nervous since the most I've run in a race is a 5k.
Which is just over 3 miles. A half is something like 13.6 if I'm remembering correctly.
And I have til March to get ready and trained.

Last year though I told myself I wanted to run a marathon so if I'm going to do that this will have to be the first step.

So that's the first thing to "offically" complete for 2012, aside from making sure I make the time to write here as well as journal more often.

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

I have had SO many friends getting on the running a marathon bandwagon in the last year. Kind of makes me feel like a sloth! ;)