Monday, January 23, 2012

Never Tanning Again....

So a week ago Friday I went tanning...

Not a first for me.  And I certainly didn't think as I laid down to get some rays, that it would be my last time tanning in a tanning bed. 

However, unless something dratically changes in my mind that is what it was.

See I got SUPER burnt that Friday.
Probably the most burnt I've ever been, or at least that I remember being. 
And coming from a girl who as been white her WHOLE life and is a natural Red Head, that's really saying something. 

I was so sore Friday night, and the following few days that sitting, sleeping, walking and all that was really hard to do.  I was still red 5 days later,  and only really started to peel Thursday. 
I'm still peeling now (super attractive right! One good thing about being single currently. And I will say I am SUPER BLESSED that I covered my face that day), still itching over a week later.

And today I went to the dermatologist because with the hormones being out of wack, I wanted to see if we could do something about the skin that seems to be breaking out. 
After we discussed that she asked if I had any moles or anything she needed to check, and I had one that had seemed to pop up on my thigh a few months back.  One that hadn't been there before. 
So she wanted to take a look at it. 
Right away she said it didn't look good. 
And we needed to biopisy it.
So they numbed it and sliced it and I won't know for at least a week what it is.

She tells me don't lose sleep over it, it may be nothing. 
And I'm believing in faith that it will be nothing.
However I think it's time to use the brain God gave me. 

I had decided after the bad burn no more tanning beds, and after this I'm pretty sure I'll never do that again.  It just isn't worth the risk. 

Take a few moments and watch this...share it.  And USE SUNSCREEN.



I know now that I'm more at risk than most due to my light skin and red hair as well as family history. 

It's just not worth the risk, no matter how well we may all look with that sunkissed glow. 

And remember there is always, SPRAY TAN. 

No comments: