Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas ....meh.

I'm so not a Christmas person.

I have no idea why.

After all I know the real reason for the season.
And I am extremely thankful for that reason.
But personally I could do with out the holiday.

(courtesy of Google Images)


Now please know I'm no Scrooge,  I love giving.  I've enjoyed shopping for others and all that.
but personally, I just feel no "holiday spirit" this year.
More so even than other years.

Maybe it's the lack of tree...(Tucker my adorable fur baby, will be 2 next year so we'll try for a tree then but right now there is no need to destroy a Christmas Tree).
Or decorations.
I do have a "Flurry of Winter Blessings" type sign on my door.
And a little Rudolph Statue on my shelf.
But that's it.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched Christmas movies, like I usually do.

I've been to a few Christmas parties.  And have another one tonight.
But I just feel....over all of it.

It's odd...

Like I said I've never been a huge fan of Christmas but this year I just feel even less of one.

Wonder what that means.


Regardless though, I do wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.


1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

Another thing we have in common - I am so not a Christmas person either. Never really have been. Even though I too know the real reason behind the season and am also incredibly grateful for it. I just... I hate that it's become a holiday centered around "things". I am the first person to give just to give, but I freaking hate compulsory giving. And I hate that there are years of sad memories for me where I built the day up to be more than what it could ever possibly be. Most of all, I hate that it's a day I truly believe is meant for the enjoyment of children. And with none to call my own... it just gets kind of sad. So, I don't really "do" Christmas. Much to the chagrin of everyone I love. I am totally the Grinch.