Friday, March 12, 2010

wow...tears, thoughts, heartache.

If you have time watch the above video. I started a blog this morning on a trivial thing.

Then a friend of mine sent this to me via facebook. I was in my office while I was watching, and it was just about all I could do not to cry.

It got me thinking when they talk about the older sister who is 8 and how this is Christainity, this is love, putting others first. Putting someone before yourself, even if you can't provide what they REALLY need, which in this case was food, but doing the thing that you could do which in her case was bathing them.

And I got to thinking, do I do this? Really do this? Put others before me, even in doing the littlest thing? When it comes down to it, do I spend my money on that pair of shoes that I don't really need or do I send it to feed a child. I'm not saying here that shoes are bad, trust me, I've got an addiction so I can't really say that. But am I using my money in a way that God would be proud? Maybe sometimes yes, but I know that sometimes that's a big NO.

I hope you come back to watch this video often, as a reminder, not only of the way things are in another part of the world but also as a reminder to be thankful for what you have, no matter how little you have, and a reminder to really love. To love in the way that puts others before your self. Just as Christ did for us.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13

'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' Matthew 25:40



No comments: