Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

Normally I'm not a weekday movie going kind of girl.

But last night was one of the few exceptions since a friend who recently moved was back in town and it was one of the only nights we could get together with her.

We went to see Eat, Pray, Love.  Not something I would have probably picked on my own to see.  (There are a lot of things showing right now that I haven't gotten to see that would have taken top choice over this one.)

But I was happily surprised to find myself really liking it.
Minus the fact that the Pray aspect of the movie was centered around an Indian Guru.  Which I disagree with, but you all know the why on that.

Other than that I really liked most of this movie. 
Maybe because she spent several months in Rome and some surrounding cities in Italy- one of the things I DREAM of doing. 

Maybe because she did it alone. 
Even when everyone was telling her she needed a man- she went alone to find her passion. 

To find what she needed to be her was the way I viewed it. 

And most of us are looking to do just that. Find who we really are, find what we can really LIVE for.  Not just exist at not just do and be kind of happy but to live for.

I know that the thing I need to live for first and formost, is God.  After all He has given me I owe him that right?  But you know what else- I think- and yes it's just a thought- he wants more than that- he wants me to want to live for him because I want to not just because I owe it to him.
And living for him- I think- will lead me to that passion.  I look at all the places it has taken me so far- Mexico over a dozen times, Argentina, Haiti, the DR, Turkey, Costa Rica, Australia, Africa.  And I know that's part of where my passion is, part of where my heart is. 
It's in the serving Him- serving others- that I find I'm most at peace
- internally-
I know for me-
I don't need a lot of money.
I don't need a lot of things.
I don't need a man (that's not to say I don't want one because I want the RIGHT one)

All I need is Him. 
To find His purpose for me in this time, for this moment, for this day, brings my sanity in this crazy world.

So I pray today that you will find where He wants you today in this moment.  That you will seek His face and allow Him to guide you to find your passion in this life.  And I pray that you find it in Him.

2 comments:

S.I.F. said...

I really loved this book and can't wait to see the movie! I'm so excited to hear you enjoyed it!

Leanna said...

I think you'll love it! Can't wait to hear what you think of it after you see it.