Thursday, January 13, 2011

GRAY?

*Faith Barista Jam* How God is calling you to be more bold or confident?
So, this is something that I’ve been tossing around in my mind for a while now. Which just makes me smile again at how God works, since it falls along the same lines Bonnie is on for Today’s Faith Barista Jam.


See I was having a conversation with a co worker last week. We were talking about well, sex honestly, and couples co habituating and all of that. And then I made a comment about how it’s not something I ever want to do, not that I’m judging or anything and it’s a choice you have to make. Since It’s not my place to judge.

And while it’s true it’s NOT MY PLACE to do the judging, that doesn’t make it any less wrong. It hit me when I said that, how wrong it is to make that statement. It would be one thing for me to say “I’m not judging you for what you do”, but the way I said it kinda made it like I was passing it off as it being ok for that to be something you do, that there isn’t anything wrong with it. But that’s not true is it?

(courtesy of Google Images)


See I think we (myself included) as a society these days have decided we are going to live in this gray area. Because gray is more comfortable. But to me, as I’ve been tossing the idea in my head GRAY is choosing not to choose. It’s like saying; I’m not going to say that’s right or wrong, more often than not because we don’t want to offend anyone.

But we do a disservice to others when we don’t call right, right or wrong, wrong. In fact in a lot of ways we are lying to them; because we are making out something to be ok when it’s really not.

So since this conversation last week I’ve been feeling a call to be bolder in the truth; even if it is truth about something that may be hard for a person to hear, even if it is a truth that is hard for me to say. Because…

John 8:32


And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Who doesn’t want freedom? I think deep down even though we may not recognize that we want it we ALL want it.

I know that no matter who I am dealing with they deserve the truth; I think we all feel that way even if it’s something we don’t want to really hear. And in the long run it’s something that will benefit us.

It may be hard in some cases to speak the truth, and I will say that in those cases especially it MUST be spoken in love, but it still needs to be spoken.

After all we do live in black or white, not a shade of gray.

1 comment:

Amy Nabors said...

A very good reminder that we need to have the confidence to speak the truth. Thanks for sharing your words.