Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So I agreed...

(courtesy of Google Images)
I agreed to go out with the boy who some friends wanted to "fix me up with".

Honestly I don't really want to go.

And while I do kinda feel bad about feeling that way I decided I'm going to go.

If for no other reason than the fact that it should at least close that door.

A door I've been prying open for well over the last 8 weeks now.

And when I say prying that's what I mean.

See this guy has been calling/texting me since my sister's wedding. 

Which was in April.  Mid April.

He took his sweet time in asking me out, which is fine, I understand that.
But then when he finally asked me out he did it in a text...which while I'm all for technology these days that doesn't score ANY brownie points with me.
Top it off with the fact that he asked basically like this "so when are you going to not be so busy so I can take you out?"
Nice right? 
Maybe I'm overly critical but honestly I don't want to feel like I'm not an inconvenience for you.

And truth be told, I've been honest with everyone, friends and family, that it's going to take someone special to get me to slow down.  In other words you're going to have to be "worth it" for that to happen.

Because for the most part I love my life, or at least love my activities. 
And if you're not going to stick around anyhow then why should I rearrange my schedule.

But I'm being nice, I'm giving the guy a shot because after talking to our mutual friend he may just need to be given a break.  Apparently he's shy and has a hard time with stuff like this. 
So I'm going to be nice and not hold that against him. 

But I will say I don't have high hopes, because after agreeing to go out with him last week it took him a week to get back with me on when we would go out (next Tuesday).  And then he basically wouldn't just pick where we were going to dinner.  Even after I told him I wasn't picky and hated picking.  A very large part of me wanted to tell him to MAN UP.  Geeze, I'm indecisive on my own I want a guy who can pick a place for our first date by himself.  After I tell you I'm ok with whatever that's your cue to make a decision.

All this was via text too. 

*Sigh- so I'm not really looking forward to Tuesday.  But oh well.

No comments: